I love this time of year

I love this time of year
Sitting in a tree during a snow storm

Monday, February 2, 2009

Sitting in the snow

We went out Saturday morning to a spot where I have seen coyotes and deer cross in the evenings to see if we could call in a coyote. We sat for 20 minuets in the first spot and called one in to about 150 yards but with no shot.

We moved about a half mile away and tried a beaver dam. Lots of deer crossing but not many coyote tracks. We called and had a couple howl at us from about 300 yard away but they never came in.

I had not deer hunted the second spot in several years but it showed some good buck sign. There were some large rubs in the hemlocks from the previous year and there were several runs crossing the swamp. I may have to look at this some more during the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment