I love this time of year

I love this time of year
Sitting in a tree during a snow storm

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Coyotes and Deer

I have been watching more than 30 deer for about 4 weeks now. A local farmer left some standing corn and they have been hammering it. Funny thing is I know of at least 3 other hunters who are watching them as well but tonight was the first time I had seen anyone else there. Makes me wonder how many places that people hunt and think they have the place to them self are actually sharing their "secrete spot"??

Just before sunset we heard a pack of Coyotes howling about 500 yards back in the woods. As I was leaving I decided to drive by the back side of the field towards where we heard them and sure enough there were running field edge. Tomorrow I am going to sit in there with my rifle and also Saturday morning and try and thin the coyotes out a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment